Founded in 2004 as a sub-committee of the CHNA (Community Health Network Area), the Plymouth Youth Development Collaborative (PYDC) is a community coalition motivated around enhancing the lives of youth in our community.
The goals of the PYDC are to reduce the risk factors contributing to underage drinking and drug abuse in Plymouth; to increase the protective factors that support a healthy community; and to enhance community collaboration.
◦ Prevention Driven
◦ Informative website with Community Events Calendar and Map and List of Safe Places for Youth
◦ Resources for youth, parents and professionals
◦ Charged by Data (Reported by Youth, Professionals, and Parents)
◦ Energetic, creative, invested members
◦ Place to network with other organizations
◦ Opportunity to share your initiatives
◦ Grassroots Organization with Exciting and Creative Projects
◦ Volunteer & Community Service Opportunities for Youth, Parents, Professionals and other Adults.
◦ Bi-Monthly PYDC meetings
◦ Monthly Sub-Committee (a.k.a. promise team) meetings
◦ And much more…
The Plymouth Youth Development Collaborative is part of the Plymouth Area Substance Abuse Collaborative.
Visit the PYDC website to learn more about the important work they do.