Tarragon Chicken Salad
4 cups to 4.5 cups shredded cooked chicken
1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon white vinegar or fresh lemon juice
1 crisp apple, diced
1 celery ribs, diced
1 tablespoon fresh or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
1. Put the cooked chicken into the large mixing bowl.
2. Put the yogurt and mayonnaise into the small mixing bowl and mix them together with the spoon or fork.
3. Add the mustard and vinegar to the small bowl and mix together well.
4. Pour the ingredients from the small bowl into the large bowl and stir, stir, stir!
5. Add the apple, celery and fresh or dried tarragon and stir for about 10 seconds they are just combined but aren't mixed together too well.
6. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate overnight.
Large mixing bowl, Measuring cup, Small mixing bowl, Measuring Spoons, Spoon or fork, Sharp knife
NOTES: Add raisins, dried apricots, toasted walnuts, pecans or almonds.
If you don't like or don't have tarragon, substitute basil, cilantro, parsley, or half the amount of dill. You can even leave the herb out entirely.
"Diced" means cut up in squares about the size of dice.
HANDS-ON TIME: 15 MINUTES | TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES | MAKES: 6 CUPS
Recipe courtesy of http://www.chopchopmag.org/