1 lb pizza dough
1 ½ cups diced tomato
¾ cup diced green pepper
½ cup pepperoni sliced, cut in quarters
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pizza stone and peel
Read all directions before starting for the best pie
1. Remove pizza dough from refrigerator 1 hour before putting the pizza together. Room temperature dough is easier to stretch.
2. Prepare all of the toppings while the dough is coming up to room temperature.
3. Place pizza stone in the oven and set oven on 500 degrees Fahrenheit; heat stone for 45 minutes.
4. Sprinkle work surface lightly with all-purpose flour.
5. Sprinkle pizza peel lightly with corn meal.
6. It is very important that everything is prepared and ready to go before working with the dough. The longer the dough sits on the peel the more difficult it will be to remove.
7. Place dough on floured work surface. Sprinkle flour on top and bottom of dough. Stretch gently with your hands; dust a rolling pin with flour. Roll out to a circle that is about 1/8th inch thickness and 12 to 14 inches round.
8. Gently place rolled out dough on the corn meal coated pizza peel.
9. VERY IMPORTANT, leave a ½ inch rim without toppings.
10. Spread tomatoes, green peppers and pepperoni evenly over surface of pizza. Evenly spread cheese and sprinkle olive oil on pie.
11. Pick up peel and give it a gentle shake to make sure pie is not sticking to it. Place in oven on the heated stone and cook for 6 minutes; rotate 180 degrees and cook for another 6 or 8 minutes. Check bottom to see if you like the color.
CUT AND ENJOY!
Serving size: 2 slices (4 servings per pizza)
Per serving: 385 calories, 11 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 15 grams protein, 687 mg. sodium
Created by Chef Jerry Levine; Nutrient Analysis by Marcia Richards MEd RD MCHES