Green Eggs (No Ham) Sandwich
2 large eggs
1⁄2 teaspoon olive or canola oil
2 whole-wheat English muffins, cut in half. Toast them if you like crusty bread
4 flat-leaf spinach leaves, washed then dried with a clean dish towel or paper towel
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
1. Crack one egg on the rim of a short glass and them empty it into the glass. Throw away the shell.
2. With the help of your adult, put a small skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Let it heat up and after about 2 minutes, add the oil.
3. Slowly slide the egg from the glass to one side of the skillet.
4. Crack the second egg from the glass to one side of the skillet.
5. Slowly slide the second egg from the glass into the egg-less side of the skillet.
6. When the eggs start to set and the edges are solid, use a spatula to flip the first egg.
7. Flip the second egg, then cover the skillet and cook until the yolk is firm.
8. Put the two bottom halves of the English muffin on a plate. Slide the eggs onto the muffins, and top with the spinach. Cover the other half of the English muffin. Serve right away.
Measuring spoons, Short glass, Small skillet, Spatula, Plate
HANDS-ON TIME: 20 MINUTES | TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES | MAKES: 2 SERVINGS
Recipe courtesy of http://www.chopchopmag.org/